Animation Show of Shows at Mini Microcinema!
Guys we really lucked out- thanks to the Mini Microcinema the 18th Annual Animation Show of Shows will be playing in Cincinnati this Saturday.
Saturday March 11
(Doors open at 10:30am) 11:00am-12:30pm
1329 Main Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
After the screening we will probably go out for lunch in the neighborhood, please join us!
About the ShowThe ANIMATION SHOW OF SHOWS returns for its second year in theaters with 13 charming family-friendly films. Highlights include Disney/Pixar’s ACADEMY AWARD® WINNING “Piper,” the latest in 360º storytelling in Google’s touching father-and daughter-journey the Oscar® nominated “PEARL” by Academy Award® winner Patrick Osborne and “About a Mother,” a new folktale with echoes of Shel Silverstein’s “The Giving Tree,” The show also features a late-night bonus of four provocative shorts exclusively for mature audiences.
This year’s show includes an expanded selection of fresh student films from leading animation schools in the U.S., Belgium, Canada, Korea and Russia. This is not surprising, since the most interesting and groundbreaking work is being done at these hotbeds of creativity.
Featuring techniques ranging from hand-drawn to stop-motion to the latest computer-generated imagery, the 17 extraordinary films in this program were created by animators from Belgium, Canada, France, Israel, Korea, Latvia, Norway, Russia, Scotland, the U.K., and the U.S. Their themes range from gay issues and civil rights, to deeply felt personal stories, to the wacky humor that animation does so well. Many have garnered awards from prestigious festivals around the world.
About the Mini Microcinema
The mission of the Mini Microcinema is to show experimental film/video/media, highlighting work made by artists and filmmakers outside of the mainstream.
Mission of Animation Show of ShowsTHE 18TH ANNUAL ANIMATION SHOW OF SHOWS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit created for the expressed purpose of expanding awareness of exemplary animated Short Films and Animated Short Film restoration and preservation. Donations are tax deductible. Earnings from the distribution of the Animation Show of Shows will be used for the sustainability of our mission and compensate the participating animators/rights holders. More information is available at www.AnimationShowofShows.com.
THE 18TH ANNUAL ANIMATION SHOW OF SHOWS is unrated.
About the Films
The 17 Mixed Films (102 min.) features all 17 films listed below and there's a 5 minute-intermission after the 13th film, this allows children 13 years and under to leave as the last four films (Corpus, Blue, Manoman and All Their Shades) contain mature themes.
• Stems - Ainslie Hendersen (Scotland)
• Shift - Cecilia Puglesi & Yijun Liu (U.S.)
• Pearl - Patrick Osborne (U.S.)
• Crin-crin - Iris Alexandre (Belgium)
• Mirror - Chris Ware, John Kuramoto, Ira Glass (U.S.)
• Last summer in the garden - bekky O’Neil (Canada)
• Waiting for the New Year - Vladimir Leschiov (Latvia)
• Piper - Alan Barillaro (U.S.)
• Bøygen - Kristian Pedersen (Norway)
• Afternoon Class - Seoro Oh (Korea)
• About a Mother - Dina Velikovskaya (Russia)
• Exploozy - Joshua Gunn, Trevor Piecham, & John McGowan (U.S.)
• Inner Workings - Leo Matsuda (U.S.)
• Corpus - Marc Héricher (France)
• Blue - Daniela Sherer (Israel)
• Manoman - Simon Cartwright (England)
• All Their Shades - Chloé Alliez (Belgium)