Skip to main content

Rafael Rosado's Career in Storytelling



Check out Rafael Rosado's talk Monday, March 20th at 6:30 at Otto M. Budig Theater at NKU! This is a great chance to see how someone has managed to have a successful career in animation while living in Ohio.

It's in the University Center, highlighted here 

He is an amazing illustrator and animator. He has storyboarded shows as diverse as Scooby Doo, Transformers, The Batman, Looney Tunes, Curious George and many others. He also illustrates graphic novels!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Business Not Failure Part 2: Proposals and Contracts

He's probably trying to sell her an explainer video. Business Proposals and Marriage Proposals have similarities. They are both an offer that will hopefully lead to a leap of faith in the form of a "yes" on the proposee's part. The proposer puts thought into the presentation and tries to emphasize the positive in order to influence a "yes."   When saying yes to a marriage proposal, the target is trusting that you will be awesome to be married to and that you will not waste the life you are requesting. And in a project proposal, the target is trusting that you will be awesome at completing the project you are proposing and that you will not waste the money you're requesting.  Before any money changes hands or work starts there needs to be a proposal at least. The proposal is like a contract, only it's more informal. I tend to use proposals, but if I were dealing with larger projects where my risk is greater I would use a contract. Contrac...

Adobe Creative Cloud Petition

The Cloud approacheth. Hey everyone! So we were talking about the Adobe Cloud changes that were coming up and we are going to put together some information in the hopes of basically petitioning Adobe to not suck. Since then I have found and signed this petition:  https://www.change.org/petitions/adobe-systems-incorporated-eliminate-the-mandatory-creative-cloud-subscription-model It also has more information about it that I read first like faqs from adobe etc.  I don't feel like just signing an online petition will necessarily do anything though, but it can't hurt. I also found his facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/adobecreativecloud And I have also found some numbers:  Basically, if you are someone who updates your software version every couple of years the cloud would be ok for you.  If not, then it's a drain of money. If I had purchased cloud instead of the last version I purchased, I would have paid $4000 by now fo...

In the Kitchen of Jan Svankmajer: Svankmajer on Food

In the Kitchen of Jan Svankmajer: Svankmajer on Food Presented By: Rom Wells Rom Wells presents the work of Czech surrealist filmmaker/puppeteer/artist Jan Svankmajer! The program looks at the use of food in Svankmajer's work, presenting two shorts (Food and Meat Love) and the feature film Alice. Thursday, May 18th, 2017 Mini Microcinema 1329 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202 Doors open at 7:00pm, screening starts at 7:30pm $5 suggested donation welcome if you have it